Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Two Trends Tuesday: Emerald Green & Print Mixing (Contest)

|  Two Trends Tuesday  |


Emerald Green



According to Pantone, the color of 2013 is Emerald Green - Love it! I got lucky considering green is already my favorite color - I have plenty of this shade in my wardrobe. I have an emerald green scarf, (that I wear way too much) two emerald green purses, pants, coat, and leather jacket! I am set!! 

The draw to this shade is definitely that it is bold, yet looks good on every skin tone. It's been seen in home decor, makeup, jewelry, nails, and most importantly fashion! This luxurious color has been included in both Oscar de la Renta and Michael Kors lines. 

Celebrities are also getting the hang of this shade- wearing varieties from a deep, dark shade in a sports coat, to a bright springy- happy color, like Kate Middleton is wearing. I love this color and I think anyone can pull it off easily! Go get some in your closet before the next color comes out =)




Print Mixing



Now this may be scary to some - but once its mastered, think of the possibilities for your wardrobe! So many new things to try! The most basic was to accomplish (or practice) this trend is pairing stripes with a floral - thats 1st grade stuff. From there, working in different textures can be fun- or animal prints! The possibilities are endless and the main key is to be confident in your choices - if you like it together, then who cares what anyone else thinks! You have to wear it - not them! 

My personal rule of thumb - and I do admit to shying away from this trend more often than I should (time management issues) - is to take a piece with a small, tight patterns and then another piece with a larger bold pattern - all in complementing colors. A good example is to look above and see the center brunette girl with the leopard pencil skirt and the white blouse with little animals (?) on it. We all know white goes with all so we are good there- then you see the skirt with is clearly a tight, busy, small print - and the top, very airy and open - not too daunting to the eye - they go unexpectedly, fabulously together! 

Go for it! 

I am going to hold a CONTEST for those of you awesome enough to pull off this print mixing look!

Send pictures in your best to thevillaalphie@gmail.com and I will post the top 5 winners on my blog!! Include with pics: 
Your name, age, location and any additional info about yourself! 

xo


H

No comments:

Post a Comment