Thursday, March 28, 2013

Chick-Fil-A Knock Off Nuggs

So Patrick is a crappy, crappy eater - and I fear for my future kids health - BUT for some odd, slightly-insane reason - I always end up cooking to support it! Don't get me wrong, I love Chick-fil-a just as much as the next person (and that's a lot) but I am fully aware it's fast food and I should limit as much as possible - none-the-less, I decided to make a version at home - therefore, when that never-failing Sunday craving for Chic-fil-a hits - I will be prepared for an at home feast of deliciousness! AND its soooo easy ;) 


Ingredients:

(for cooking for two)

1 cup flour 
5 tbsp powdered sugar
3 tbsp salt
2 tbsp pepper
2 tbsp paprika
1 egg
1/3 cup milk
1 large chicken breast 
5 tbsp olive oil, peanut oil, canola oil (whichever you prefer)

1. First you need to prep the chicken - wash it, pat dry, and cut into small nugget pieces 

2. Put your oil in a large skillet and put on med-high heat - you want it hot, hot, hot! 

3. Mix flour, sugar, salt, pepper, and paprika in a bowl until all is evenly distributed - then put on plate.

4. Whisk egg and milk in bowl and add chicken pieces (4-5 at a time)

5. Transfer chicken from egg/milk mixture to plate of dry ingredients - coat well.

6. The oil should be nice and hot now - put coated chicken pieces into skillet and toss until all sides are golden brown.

7. Transfer cooked chicken nuggets to paper towel to soak up extra oil while you cook the rest of the chicken.

VOILA! 

You are done! When I made it the first time, I used way to much oil and although it was good - it didn't need all that extra fat - so for this recipe I significantly cut down amount of oil in the skillet - if you feel you need more (depending on skillet size) please feel free to add. You basically just need enough to coat the bottom of the pan.

ENJOY YOUR NUGGS!! (Nom Nom Nom)


PS- Can't have your nuggets without your beloved Chick-fil-a sauce?? 
Just take 1/4 cup of Ken's Honey Mustard and add a 2-3 tablespoons of BBQ sauce 
and there you have it - Homemade Chick-fil-a Sauce! 



xo


H


No comments:

Post a Comment