Thursday, February 20, 2014

Favorite Foodie Pins I Have Tried


Okay so we all pin a million and one things onto our Pinterest board and then we hardly ever look back at them! I have selected a few recipes that I have actually TRIED and LIKED! 

Here is my review:


Philly Cheese Steak Stuffed Peppers
I made these recently, I wanted to make Patrick Philly Cheese Steaks for dinner one night but I wanted to make myself a healthy version. They were delicious. Only thing is, the pepper took a while to warm - I put the steak, onion and cheese mixture and put into the pepper, then popped the whole thing into the oven - by the time the cheese was melted - the pepper was still mildly cool and I wanted it piping hot! So I would probably warm that puppy up in the oven before hand so you are not gnawing on raw pepper with your cheesesteak.
Rating: 3 out of 5



Cajun Shrimp Avocado Cracker
This is phenomenal - I've made this twice and both times were big hits. However, the most recent time I made it, it was for a evening party - and I made it mid-day - well, you guessed it, avocado was brown by the time it was served, and although delicious - it was just a bit unappealing looking.
Rating: 4 out of 5



Golf Course Cupcakes
I made this for Patricks Birthday last year - and it was a great success! A lot of work - but fun work! You can choose whichever cupcake flavor you'd like - I chose Funfetti because thats Patricks favorite... his second favorite being Red Velvet, which would look like a pretty weird golf course.
Rating 5 out of 5



Apple Peanut Coconut Chip Snack
These are a nice little snack when you are craving something sweet. Apple, Peanut Butter, Sweetened Coconut Flakes, Pecans, Chocolate Chips and Peanut Butter Chips (optional) 
So Delicious and Easy!
Rating 4 out of 5


Apricot Brie Stuffed Crescent 
YUM! So good as well - I severed it with crackers and apples and grapes - the crackers were easiest to eat with but they were really unneeded due the the crescent roll wrapping. Only tip, it takes longer than you think to cook the dough all the way through when there is cheese inside - and do not expect it to come out as pretty as that picture ^ 
Rating 3 out of 5 


Honey Dijon Pretzel Crusted Chicken
This was my most recent adventure - and frankly it was pretty simple - and not too many ingredients to deal with! It was heavy and filling  - something to make rare...also, probably something 5-10 yr olds would like. Yummy but definitely not going to make too often. Also, instead of making the dipping sauce on the side - I coated the chicken in a dijon mustard and honey mix, then rolled it into crushed Pretzels. 
Rating 3 out of 5



Cucumber Crab Cups
I made these for a party - mistake #1 - trying to make my own crab dip instead of using store bought. It was hard to find good crab meat so I ended up with imitation crab = yuck! It just was a weird consistency. Next time I make this, and there will be a next time, I will buy store-made tuna salad or chicken salad and plop it in there - add my own paprika and green onions on top - and call it a day!



Easy Healthy Whole Wheat Pasta
So this is Whole Wheat Pasta with breadcrumbs, lemon juice, parsley, salt and pepper. Can I just say its awesome? Its so delicious! and not a fattening creamy sauce. I have made this several times. 




Please feel free to email me any questions you may have - or if you would like the recipe! 

xo



H

No comments:

Post a Comment