Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Color: Chartreuse

In fashion - its known as Neon Green. In the color world it's Chartreuse, a bright-bold statement color that many may fear cannot be pulled off - especially in the home. Here are some fine examples of how you can add a vibrant splash without looking like you just stepped into a Key Lime Pie.

If you are an avid follower of mine - you might be noticing how completely inthralled I am lately with Home Decor and Interior Design - its all I seem to blog about! Please excuse me if that bothers you and you came here looking for Fashion - fashion will be back, I just have noticed I've caught a little decor bug that makes me every free moment go into redecorating my home in some way and collecting ideas to do so. Maybe its the change in seasons?


Here is a fun way to spice up the dining room - no need to paint a whole wall! Just get some funky chairs! 

Another piece of furniture that is totally modernized with this bright hue.

Ok here is someone that went to extreme and threw it on the walls - how daring! It paid off though - I love it! Sorry for the blurred picture- I blew it up to show you, but its really, really tiny in actuality. 

That bed !! Swoon! 

Ok this is a blogger I recently stumbled upon and she did a re-do of her lamp here - before it was the typical silver floor lamp and she decided to spray paint it using Krylon's Ivy Leaf. It turned out great, don't you think? A nice pop.


Love me some colored front doors.

Not a wall - but the back of a bookshelf? I love it - my favorite use of the color out of it all in a home. I will promise you - one way or another -I will do this in my home. It may be in a child's room - but it is happening. 



xo


H

No comments:

Post a Comment