Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Wilmington for Birthday Weekend




My Birthday Getaway

Hello Everyone! My birthday was on May 5th - Sunday this year! (Cinco de Mayo!) Patrick took me to a river front town called Wilmington in North Carolina. Wilmington is small but beautiful and is right nestled on the Cape Fear River. When we arrived it was lunchtime on Friday so we went straight to the hunt for food. We found this cute little place right on the water called Riverboat Landing - It has nine private balconies that all seat only two! 


Riverboat Landing on Front St. in Wilmington, NC (night view)



 We ended up walking around the downtown area after lunch and doing a bit of shopping - there were so many cute little shops and boutiques to explore. One in particular that was my favorite was appropriately named, Dang. It had all sorts of things - jewelry, sundresses, flip flops, home decor, etc. A lot of the theme of the store was nautical theme (since it is a river city after all) I purchased the cutest little knot bracelet with a gold anchor on it - I am sure it will show up in some of my upcoming pictures! 




Nothing better than finding a cake shop with an Iron Man 3 cake in the window - I am sure Patrick would be thrilled to have this lovely spectacle as our wedding cake . . . not going to happen.



There was an Ah-Mah-Zing fudge/ice cream shoppe downtown as well. We stumbled in due to following our noises to the delicious scents. We got a tiny sample of two rich pieces of fudge - then we shared a chocolate covered pretzel... later to come back and get coconut ice cream....and later to return and get a carmel apple - yes, we were addicted to this place. I found this little box o' chocolates in the shape of golf - perfect for Patrick - unfortunately he is not into chocolate enough for me to get him these, although its pretty cute ;) 


Here is me standing in front of a beaded wall near our hotel - My dress is from Ross - and it was under $10 - I know, score! It's actually more of a beach/pool coverup but since I am short I can pull it off as a sundress. My jean jacket (my go-to for spring) is from Marshalls. You can see my new nautical knot bracelet - if you look really, really hard! 







Apparently, Wilmington is the Hollywood of North Carolina! We were out later that night to dance and in walks Hank from our favorite show, Breaking Bad! We totally went a little star struck and asked for a picture ( I also got a sloppy kiss on the cheek!) 


End of the weekend =( but happy to be home having a family bday dinner at my Aunt's house. This is us right before we dive in to this delicious Mint Chocolate Chip Coldstone Cake! 
Nom Nom Nom.



xo



H

No comments:

Post a Comment