Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Color Your Life

Don't be afraid of color! 

Okay so maybe you are patting yourself on the back because you wore bright teal eyeliner yesterday - or maybe you own some neon, or hot pink? Well don't be too proud until you commit to some bright and bold hues in your HOME! Whether its a fresh coat of paint on the walls - or an interchangeable accent piece, you can update your home this spring with some fabulous color.


Can't get over this bold headboard and these little orange figurines - I am sure you can do these little guys on your own! Cheap thrift store find + bold color + spray acrylic sealer = statement piece! 


This is so fun for a guest room! I would never think all this would work together - the quilt, with the mixed matched lamps and the bright walls? What a tropical oasis for your visitors =)



I can't wait to try this on my wall behind my couch - not the color paint (although I love it) I just don't see the practicality of painting this in an apartment.  I just love the monochromatic frames, all shapes and sizes, stacked on each other - very cool idea, a must try.


Here is something you can do if you are scared to commit to a bright tone on the wall (or you cant because of landlord rules) I love lime and navy together, always have. Oh, and the headboard - give me that!!! 


Ya right!!! How on earth? I mean, its awesome - but could you wake up to this every morning? Probably not. If you can - more power to you - go neon!!


I am not a pink girl myself - but if you are (and your significant other doesn't mind) then I say this room is perfect! I love the abstract wall art as well. 


Love love love this room! Another scene that probably would require a very patient husband or boyfriend - but if he trusts you - hey, this came out great! So chic and inviting. Its my version of a 'bachelorette pad'


I love green - This is a very fun dining area - I might go for a breakfast nook all in lime in my next house - not the other colors though - maybe just lime and navy and white- beautiful! 



Those chairs! That rug! Curtains! Looking at all this is making me want to do a total home makeover!! Keep your eyes peeled at flea market - some ugly chairs may just need a fresh coat of paint! 


On my to do list! I think this might just be the most perfect spring centerpiece ever. All you need is a few cake stands - any kind will do - just add spray paint! Get some fake flowers and poke them in to a styrofoam ball - found at the craft store. 


Check out this wall! What a great design for a little girls room! It probably is a pretty time consuming project - but I must say it looks awesome! 


Here is some navy and lime again - loving it! Nice clean, bold lines. 



Okay so not everyone is going for the bold & bright wall colors - some may need just a pop here and there (see my house tour - I have pops of red in living room using just the lamps) These are great - especially with the geometric cuts. 


Ah-Mah-ZIng. 


Another DIY thats on my list - get some of these great wooden utensils at the dollar store and dip into any colors you so wish! (You need some spray acrylic sealer to prevent chipping) Also, I recommend washing by hand - not that many would dare put wood in the dishwasher! 


This is more do-able for the average decorator! Nice neutral woods with some fresh prints and pops of spring inspired colors! 

For the Zen in you - this room is perfect to create a calming, relaxing room - using clean lines, simple colors, and minimalist furniture - this is a perfect can't-go-wrong room!

Okay - Okay so all these home makeovers aren't in the budget this Spring? I can say the same here! However, I know we all can grab a few fashionably and fun pillows to spice up any room. I am always on the hunt for new pillows - I love mixing and matching and, well, just refreshing a room with a simple throw! 


Fabulous chairs again -  Besides the giant seahorses - that are way too beach house for me - this room is  great and the colors are great. It makes me just want to invite everyone over for bunch - doesn't it?! 


xo



H

No comments:

Post a Comment