Thursday, May 30, 2013

Living Room Makeover!!


So recently I have been itching to do something new to my house, specifically  - the living room. Everything is so dark and warm - I needed a refresher for summer! I was on a tight budget so I wanted to work mostly with what I had.

Here is the BEFORE:


Here is the AFTER:



I had these large striped pillows on the patio - and after a good wash, I decided to remove the back cushion of the couch and add these pillows - not only is it nice to throw a pattern in to mix it up - but it also makes the couch A LOT more comfy! 


I took some mason jars and poured paint into them - then swirling them around created an inside half paintjob - Looking back I may wanted to not go as high as I did, but I still like them. Please excuse my almost dead flowers =(    - Do you like my couch model?


I took my floor lamp - which was black and red (see below) and I spray painted the base with a chrome silver paint - then I just switched the lamp shade to this light blue one I had in the bedroom!


Old Lamp - grainy pic





I took the side tables and spray painted them with the same chrome paint and tacked two flat mirrors to the top. I put a few of my favorite things on top =) 


My table decor.


The only thing I purchased was the yard and a half of fabric I picked up at Jo Ann Fabrics for about twenty bucks. It was a hard decision - there were so many great prints. Luckily, if I get sick of this one - I can go back and get my second choice! 


Hope you like - any suggestions or questions please don't hesitate to contact me! I'd love to hear from you! 


xo



H

No comments:

Post a Comment