Thursday, March 27, 2014

Fig Crostini

I made these little suckers for my Wine Tasting Party (see previous post) They were a huge hit! Also, super easy. Here is what you need:
1 jar of Mascarpone Cheese (I got mine at Trader Joes) 
1 tub of dried figs (Trader Joes)
2 Medium Baguettes
3 tbsp Honey
1/4 c crushed walnuts/pecans/almonds - whichever (optional)
A bit of mint (optional)


First you want to cut the french baguette into skinny slices - thicker than a cracker, but you want to consumer to be able to, well....consume. 

Then put the oven on High Broil - but don't go anywhere! I let the dog out for a squirt and my house nearly burnt down. Keep an eye - and remove once the bread slices are nice and golden crisp, like a crouton. 

After that, simply take the mascarpone cheese and spread a thin layer on all the crostinis.


Next (and this could be done while your waiting for the bread to crust up) cut the figs into thin slices (see above) 

Your hands will get awful sticky at this step.

Here comes the fun part - I put about 2-3 fig slices on each crostini, drizzled all with honey (be careful, you want just a hint) and then sprinkle crushed up walnuts and mint leaves - not every single crostini is going to get the mint or walnuts. 

There you have it! 


Delicious! This is my go-to for any special occasion! So yummy and very different from most appetizers you see at parties.

ENJOY!

Any questions or comments - please email me or comment below! I'd love to hear your thoughts!



xo



H

No comments:

Post a Comment